Devry CCSI 360 Week 1 You Decide Latest
- Systematix Research Technologies (SRT), a telecommunications provider, has offered you the position of Forensic Support Analyst in the Security and Compliance Department. The company has enjoyed a relatively good reputation in the information technology industry; however, with the downturn in the economy, the company must become more efficient. You’ve learned that turnover has been very high during the past year and the company leadership’s philosophy is “do more with less” while maintaining a high level of quality in its operations.
- You have recently graduated from college and feel very optimistic about the position and your role at the company.
- Because of the strain the economy has placed on the company, you’ve learned that 50% of the technical staff has been cut, but the work requirements remain the same. Everyone is nervous about additional job cuts because of the declining company revenues.
- Your manager, Martha Massey, is new to her position and is fairly inexperienced in technology, security, and forensics. She wants to fully support the business units but has several hurdles to overcome.
- Today, you learn from your manager that an incident has occurred in the Web Development group. The corporate intranet was breached by an outsider and was defaced with racial and pornographic images.
- Upon discovering the incident, the Web Developers immediately shut down the intranet. This event has created an atmosphere of mistrust and anxiety. No one is willing to take responsibility for the incident.
- This afternoon, your manager assigned you to investigate the case. This is your first action item and you want to make a good first impression. You are unsure how to proceed, but you accept the task and begin the investigation. You schedule conference calls with key players in order to gather additional information.
Your goal is to collect as much information as possible about the incident, which can be accomplished by hosting conference calls with each of the key players in order to solicit their input. As a new Forensics Support Analyst, you begin the information gathering process. After your meetings are complete, you will summarize your findings by creating a written report.
.equella.ecollege.com/file/cd5257ff-5fb4-4ddc-a4dd-9ff14d2e5db8/1/CCSI360_W1_YouDecide.html#top”>Back to Top
Race and gender
|Script: Text and Audio
The character’s position, viewpoint, opposing view, and so forth is below. This text also will serve as the audio.
|Michael Jefferson, IT Director, White Male||Conference Call Highlights, Tuesday, 10 a.m.
“These developers are incompetent. They are directly responsible for protecting the content and integrity of the website, but in this case, they failed! I have on several occasions asked their manager to keep tighter control over them but he rarely does.He’s hurting our company because he will not hold them accountable for anything! I want you to do a thorough job investigating him so I can have grounds to fire him.”
|Jimmy Anderson, Web Development Manager, Black Male||Conference Call Highlights, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
“I can’t believe this happened, but at this point I’m not surprised. I keep telling the director that we are overworked and understaffed and that something like this would eventually happen, but he never provided me with additional staff. Also, our contract with one of our major clients directs that we have to have at least five Web Developers on staff, but at this time, we have only two because of recent downsizing. I’m sure they would be very interested if ‘someone’ blew the whistle on this. Did I mention I constantly hear racial slurs in the break room?”
|Mary Lopez, HR Director, Hispanic Female||Conference Call Highlights, Wednesday, 1 p.m.
“I know that we are all overworked and this is probably my fault. I asked that the Web Development Manager hurry and update our recruiting web page. Because we are all overworked and understaffed, I told him he didn’t have to review the update. These past few weeks have been hectic and I haven’t had the chance to quality check our updates. It’s not entirely his fault, even though I think he should have reviewed the update as part of his responsibilities. Don’t be too hard on him for this oversight.”
|Anita Chang, CEO, Asian Female||Conference Call Highlights, Wednesday, 3:30 p.m.
“You are new here, and I want to see you do well. I know you are fairly inexperienced in the ways of business, but sometimes you have to ‘take one for the team’ so that the company can continue to operate and we can all keep our jobs. I would appreciate it if you be a team player and not ruffle any feathers. I’m sure this was a simple mistake and that everyone will learn from this. Someone from the outside or even the inside could have done this. Our company is very fragile at this time and any negative publicity or lawsuit could create havoc so I decided not to publicize the breach.”
Activity or Assignment
|Read the You Decide scenario and using the information provided, prepare a two- to three-page report (at least 300 words per page), not including the Title Page, Abstract, or References pages, using the APA format (see the APA template in Doc Sharing). Recalling the information collected during the interviews and information from the text, your report should address the following areas.
Note: It is recommended to create five sections within your paper that addresses each of the above bullet items.
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of the page.
|Total||80||A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox
Devry CCSI 360 Week 1 You Decide Latest