Devry COMP 129 Final Exam 1 Latest
- 1.(TCO 7) _______ is the “domain name” part of this url: http://www.devry.edu/programs/overview.jsp.(Points : 5)
- 2.(TCO 7) _______ is the most popular network architecture used today.(Points : 5)
Local area network (LAN)
- 3.(TCO 7) _______ is the “host name” part of this url: http://www.devry.edu/programs/overview.jsp.(Points : 5)
- 4.(TCO 6) __________ is a set of standards used to represent music in a digital format storing each note played by each instument individually.(Points : 5)
- 5.(TCO 6) Music being played directly from _____ is an example of “streaming audio.” (Points : 5)
an MP3 player
- 6.(TCO 6) Which is not a way a mouse might connect to the computer? (Points : 5)
- 7.(TCO 10) If a newly installed I/O device is not working, you should: (Points : 5)
remove the card while the computer is powered up.
remove the card while the computer is plugged in.
automatically suspect that the I/O port may be faulty.
exchange a known good device for the one that is not working.
- 8.(TCO 10) A whine eminating from a fan at the rear of a computer case may indicate: (Points : 5)
the motherboard is failing.
the power supply fan is failing.
a memory chip is failing.
the hard drive is failing.
- 9.(TCO 10) When troubleshooting memory problems, you should: (Points : 5)
perform a loop back ping.
remove all memory modules add and test one at a time.
run the memory configuration utility.
1.(TCO 2) Most input/output devices communicate with components inside the computer case through a wireless connection or through cables attached to the case at a connection called a(n) ____. (Points : 5)
- 2.(TCO 2) One ____ is the work or energy required to produce one watt of power in one second.(Points : 5)
- 3.(TCO 2) A power ____ is a box inside a computer case that supplies power to the motherboard and other installed devices.(Points : 5)
- 4.(TCO 2) A ____ is an electronic device that can hold an electrical charge for a period of time and can smooth the uneven flow of electricity through a circuit.(Points : 5)
- 5.(TCO 2) The ____ card, also called a graphics card, provides one or more ports for a monitor.(Points : 5)
- 6.(TCO 2) A(n) ____ is a general-purpose tool that can measure several characteristics of electricity in a variety of devices.(Points : 5)
- 7.(TCO 2) A ____ case sits upright on the floor or a desk and can be as high as two feet and has room for several drives.(Points : 5)
- 8.(TCO 2) Everything in a computer is ____.(Points : 5)
- 9.(TCO 2) USB ____ drives are compact, easy to use, and currently hold up to 64 GB of data.(Points : 5)
- 10.(TCO 3) Which of the following CPUs has the highest processor speed among those listed? (Points : 5)
- 11.(TCO 3) What is/are the motherboard’s primary purpose(s)? (Points : 5)
Accept input from users
House the CPU
Enable communication between devices and the CPU
All but A
- 12.(TCO 9) In what way can a notebook PC NOT receive power? (Points : 5)
Wirelessly with RF signal
- 13.(TCO 9) What services must an OS provide for a PC card to work? (Points : 5)
Hot swappable service
- 14.(TCO 4) A good scheduled maintenance plan for Windows includes _____________.(Points : 5)
reinstalling Windows once a year
checking for drive errors
reinstalling Windows once every other year
- 15.(TCO 4) When files are spread across many segments of a drive in an unoptimized fashion the disk is known as a(n) ___________.(Points : 5)
- 16.(TCO 5) A hidden partition on a hard drive used to reinstall Windows is known as a(n) ____________.(Points : 5)
factory recovery partition
- 17.(TCO 5) A server that has a Windows DVD shared to other computers on a network to facilitate installing Windows is known as a(n) ____________.(Points : 5)
- 18.(TCO 8) One job of a firewall is to block ______ from the PC.(Points : 5)
- 19.(TCO 8) When you open an encrypted file with an application, Windows decrypts the file for the application to use.While the application is working on the file, data written to the virtual memory file, ____, might contain decrypted data from your file. (Points : 5)
- 20.(TCO 1) Three principle components of an operating system are: (Points : 5)
the shell, user interface, and icons.
the task bar, desktop, and start button.
the shell, kernel, and configuration data.
Win32 subsytem, Win32 security system, and the registry.
Devry COMP 129 Final Exam 1 Latest