Devry ENGL 227 Week 4 & 5 Assignment Latest
ENGL 227 GROUP PROJECT INSTRUCTIONS
For this project, teams will work together to write an informal analytical report about a company and a sales letter with a visual aid to members of that company showing the benefits of using Kelly Services. Instructors will form teams during Week 3, and students will work together during Weeks 4 and 5 to complete both parts of the project.This project supports TCOs 5, 7, 8, and 9.
The situation:This assignment is based on Chapter 10, page 311, Portfolio Builder 24. You work for Kelly Services, which provides staffing solutions to more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies. Click this link for more information about.kellyservices.com/Global/Home/”>Kelly Services. Your team has been asked to select a Fortune 500 company like Chrysler, Ford, Intel, or DuPoint. Your first task after you’ve selected the company is to research the company and write an informal analytical report. The audience for the report is people who write sales messages (typically marketing). In week 5, your team will write a sales letter to a decision-maker at the company you selected making recommendations based on your research convincing the decision-maker to use Kelly Services.
Week 4 Informal Analytical Report–& Team Participation Memo
Your team is to write a brief informal report (approx. 2 single-spaced pages, 500-750 words, plus references) on the background of the company you have chosen to solicit with your sales letter.Do NOTwrite solely about the background of your targeted company but also focus onwhyyou think this company could benefit from Kelly Services. The report should be directed to people who write sales letters (typically marketing). When the team has completed the report,oneperson from each team is to submit the agreed upon informal report to the Dropbox. Otherwise, if everyone submits the report, Turnitin will find that the report is copied.Additionally,eachteam member is to submit the team participation memo. Format the report as an informal report or memo report and organize your report according to the strategies suggested in Chapter 13.
- Focus on conclusions and recommendations
- Use logical arguments (the 2 2 = 4 approachorthe yardstick approach)
- Do more than provide information—Be sure toanalyzethe information to help your readers apply it in future sales messages
- Use atleast foursources, only two of which may be websites.At least two of your four sources must come from the DeVry Library.Ensure thatallsources are credible.Do NOTuse Wikipedia, dictionaries, or encyclopedias as your sources, as these are not appropriate sources for college or business writing.Recommended web resources can be found in the Webliography area of the course
- Submit the report toTurnitin.com.If the originality report shows sources that were not cited, or too much information copied from a website, this should be fixed prior to submitting to the Dropbox for grading.
- Use APA when citing sources and be sure to use both in-text parenthetical citationsandan end-of text list of references
- Using the template in Appendix A, the team is to write a memo which explains each person’s contributions to the project.
- Each person is to submit the team participation memoand one team member should submit the informal report to the week 4 Dropbox.
Week 5 Sales Letter with Visual Aid & Team Participation Memo
Using the information about the company you gathered during week four and the information about Kelly Services from the website and the case study, write a 1-2 page sales letter which includes a visual aid to a decision-maker at the company your team researched and convince him/her to use Kelly Services. The sales letter should focus on thefeatures and benefitsthat Kelly can offer to your targeted company and should include a visual aid.
One member of each team is to submit the agreed upon sales letter to the Dropbox, and each member is to submit the team participation memo to the Dropbox. Organize your letter according to the strategies presented in Chapter 10. For our purposes, assume that Kelly Services does not have competition from other companies. The sales letter should include the following:
- Assess customer needs.Include information from the case such as background information, supplier awards, and importance of outsourcing.
- Determine key selling points and benefits
- Anticipate purchasing objections
- Use the AIDA model
- Maintain legal and ethical standards, and demonstrate your awareness by writing a message tailored for your business
For your visual aid,you will need more than an attractive picture. Create atableor achartthat helps convey your sales message. For example, you might include a table that succinctly displays the types of employees Kelly Services offers, a table that highlights employer and employee benefits, or a pie chart showing the percentage of Fortune 500 companies that use Kelly Services, or a graph showing another important statistic. Your visual aid should be attractively designed and should adhere to the guidelines set forth in Chapter 12 such as the following:
- The visual aid must be ethical and must not distort information
- The visual aid must be clearly labeled
- The type of visual aid must be suitable for its intended purpose
- The visual aid must beintegratedwith the text of the sales letter in a way that will make sense to the audience
- The visual aid should demonstrate the same awareness sensitivity as the letter itself.
- The sales letter must be submitted to Turnitin.com and any corrections made before submitting to the Dropbox for grading.
- Using the memo template provided in Appendix A, the team is to write a memo explaining each person’s contributions to the project.Each person is to submit the agreed upon team participation memo and the sales letter to the week 5 Dropbox.
Note about Expectations for Group Work
Team members are expected to participate equally. Document ALL contributions in the Team TDAs located in Weeks 3, 4, and 5.Instructors do not have access to email messages, phone conversations, or IM chat logs. While it is fine to use these other means to communicate with team members, all decisions and actions taken in the group projectmustbe documented in the Team TDAs. Team contributions will also be documented in the memo to your instructor each week.
Negotiating differences is part of the group project and an important part of fulfilling TCO 7. However, if a problem arises that a team cannot work out, please contact your instructor. If it is determined that a team member is not contributing satisfactorily, that team member’s grade will be handled separately.
How the Project is Graded
The Group Project will be graded according to the criteria set forth in the Week 4 and Week 5 Rubrics located in Doc Sharing.
To: [INSTRUCTOR NAME]
From: [names of the team members]
Re: Week X (4 or 5) Team Participation
During week X, our team worked together to write the informal report which you requested.
Second paragraph should explain in detail who contributed what to the project. You may choose to write in paragraph form, or you may use a bulleted list.
In this paragraph, close out the memo with some sort of positive close. Every member of the team should save this memo and upload it as well as the report to the appropriate Dropbox.
Devry ENGL 227 Week 4 & 5 Assignment Latest