Devry NR 361 Full Course Latest
Devry NR 361 Full Course ( discussion assignment) latest
Devry NR 361 Week 1 Discussion latest
AACN Essentials Self-Assessment Results (graded)
Locate the AACN Essentials Self-Assessment in Doc Sharing (Week 1). Complete the self-assessment of your current comfort levels and total your score. If you are willing, please share your total score with your classmates in your discussion post. Identify areas where your knowledge could use improvement. Keep in mind that all professional nurses are knowledge workers. What questions do you have as they relate to nursing informatics and the AACN essentials?
Devry NR 361 Week 2 Discussion latest
Experiences With Healthcare Information Systems (graded)
Share your experiences with healthcare information systems in the past or present. How have the needs of a diverse patient population been met by your systems? If you were assigned to improve the healthcare information systems or electronic health record, what would you suggest to better meet the needs of all patients and of nurses? Why?
Devry NR 361 Week 3 Discussion latest
Opportunities for Improvement with Usability and Interoperability (graded)
Usability and interoperability are major issues to consider in the development of Healthcare Information Systems (HIS). How do your organization’s systems address these issues in terms of transfer of information versus re-entry at various points in the system (emergency department, inpatient, and home care)? With the knowledge you have gained from your readings, what evidence-based suggestions will you make to improve your systems?
Devry NR 361 Week 4 Discussion latest
Your Patient has a PHR (Personal Health Record)… Now What? (graded)
Patient portals and patient health records (PHRs) are commonplace today. What are the pros and cons of having a PHR? What safeguards and decision-making support tools are included in patient portals and PHRs to help patients and healthcare professionals ensure safety?
Devry NR 361 Week 5 Discussion latest
Documentation and Reimbursement (graded)
What is the impact of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) payment denial on the healthcare system? What are the implications for our nursing practice related to use of standardized terminology for documentation? How does this impact patient outcomes?
Devry NR 361 Week 6 Discussion latest
Distractors in our Environment (graded)
Distractions are everywhere. They may include cellphones, the alarms sounding for multiple different reasons, overhead paging, monitors beeping, and staff interrupting our thoughts. Give an example of an ethical or legal issue that may arise if a patient has a poor outcome or sentinel event because of a distraction such as alarm fatigue. What does evidence reveal about alarm fatigue and distraction when it comes to patient safety?
Devry NR 361 Week 7 Discussion latest
Use of Personal Communication Devices in Patient Care Settings (graded)
How can the use of the nurse’s personal communication device(s) impact patient care positively and/or negatively? What are the ethical and legal implications? What does the professional literature say about how communication devices can support safe nursing practice?
Devry NR 361 Week 8 Discussion latest
Reflective and Projected Practice (graded)
Prior to posting, complete the Week 8 AACN Essentials Self-Assessment located in Doc Sharing. Compare your scores from Week 1 to Week 8. How far have you come? How will you use evidence to further improve your nursing informatics knowledge during the next two years of practice?
Devry NR 361 Week 2 Patient Guide to WWW latest
Patient Guide to the WWW:
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as a teacher and educator. You are to prepare a guide that will serve as ahandoutto assist a specific patient that you identify. Your guide or handout should help this patientfind and evaluatereliable and accurate information on the Internet (websites)related to his or herdisease process or diagnosis.
Youwilldeveloptheguideusing Microsoft PowerPoint. PowerPoint is a versatile application that lets you design slideshows and handouts. For this assignment, you will be using PowerPoint to create a guide or handoutthat you may print and give to patientsand families. You will be submitting this PowerPoint file to the Dropbox.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcome.
CO #8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO #8)
This assignment is worth a total of 175 points.
The Patient Guide to the WWWPowerPoint assignment is due at the end of Week 2. Submit your completed assignment to the Patient Guide to the WWW basket in the Dropbox by Sunday;11:59 p.m. mountain time.You may consult the Policies, under the Course Home tab, for details regarding late assignments.Late assignments will result in loss of points. Post questions about this assignment in the weekly Q&A Forum.
- A.Use Microsoft PowerPoint to createfour slides, which will be the basis of the guide or handout.You are encouraged to cite your source(s) as it relates to your criteria slide. Other citations are permitted, but this is not a requirement for the assignment.
1) Scenario Slide: This slide should include your name. Next, outline a brief scenario, then identify a patient who is seeking information about a specific disease process or diagnosis. Be sure to include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and the patient or family member’s readiness to learn. Be specific.
Scenario for Mr. Jones
Jane Doe (your name here)
- Mr.Jones is a 54-year-old male recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
- His wife has accompanied him to the oncologist’s office.
- Both have a high school education.
- Mr.Jones has no interest in his diagnosis; his father died at an early age from pancreatic cancer, and he thinks nothing can be done.
- Mrs.Jones is greatly interested in any treatment; she has been searching on the Internet for alternative cures.
- Mrs.Jones has asked the nurse for help on how to determine whether a website is credible.
2) Criteria Slide: This slide should address at least fourcriteriaused to evaluate websites. View Evaluating Internet Health Information: A Tutorial from the National Library of Medicine at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/webeval/webeval_start.html, your text, and other references. The task is to explain how to determinethe credibility of websites andteach it to the patient and/or caregiver described in the Scenario Slide.Concentrate on evaluation of information, not how to search. Assume that the patient or caregiver has basic Internet searching skills, a computer in the home, and can enter words in the query box in a search engine,such as Google, Bing, Yahoo,and so forth.The idea is to teach your patients how to evaluate websites (suspect and credible) as they relate to a specific disease process or diagnosis.
The format of the criteria shouldbe logical and easy to read, for example, a table, checklist, or Q & A.Be creative! Language should be appropriate for the educational level of the audience, in other words, the patient and/or caregiver as described in the Scenario Slide.Note: This is the only slide that requires a citation.
3) Suspect Site Slide:This slide should give the name and description of a suspect website. The suspect website must berelated to the disease or diagnosis identified in the scenario. However, the site does not meet the criteria for a credible site, for example, gives inaccurate information, and so forth. You must provide a working link to the site. Wikipedia is not acceptable! Explain why the site is suspect based on the criteria you outlined in the Criteria Slide.
4) Credible Site Slide:This slide should give the name and description of a credible website that you would recommend to the patient and/or caregiver/family member. The website must be appropriate for the general public and address the disease process or diagnosis identified in the Scenario Slide. Avoid sites that are aimed at healthcare professionals. Explain why the site is credible based on criteriathat you outlined in the Criteria Slide.
- B.If you need assistance using PowerPoint, search tutorials about how to use PowerPoint on the Microsoft Office site.
- C.The following are the scholarly writing requirements for this assignment.
- a.Your name appears on the Scenario Slide.
- b.Four slides should be submitted.Points will be deducted for additional slides.
- c.The four slides pertain to the
- II.criteria for selection of credible sites;
III. suspect site; and
- IV.credible site.
- d.The linksfor the suspect and credible sites are working and formatted correctly.
- e.Punctuation and sentence structure are correct with no spelling or grammatical errors.
- f.Graphics, colored slides, and interesting backgrounds are welcome; however, they are not part of the criteria for this assignment and are not considered for grading purposes.
- D.Review the section on Academic Honesty found in the RNBSN Policies.All work must be original (in your own words) unless properly cited.
Devry NR 361 Week 4 Information Systems Paper latest
Information Systems in Healthcare Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to select a topic related to information systems in healthcare from the list provided, research and analyze the topic, and describe how you will apply your newfound knowledge to your nursing practice.
This assignment enables the student to meet one or more of the following Course Outcomes depending upon the topic selected:
CO#1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO#1)
CO#2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care. (PO#2)
CO#3: Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes. (PO#3)
CO#4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO#4)
CO#5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice.(PO#5)
CO#6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy. (PO#6)
CO#7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse sensitive outcomes. (PO#7)
CO#8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO#8)
This assignment is worth a total of 200 points.
Your completed paper is due at the end of Week 4. Submit it to the Dropbox by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT. Post your questions to the weekly Q&A Forum. Contact your instructor if you need additional assistance. See the Course Policies regarding late assignments and academic integrity. Failure to submit your paper to the Dropbox on time will result in a deduction of points.
Select ONE of these topics for the focus of your paper:
- Patient care technologies (CO1, CO8)
- Data analysis, integrity, and security (CO2, CO8)
- Healthcare information systems (HIS) (CO5, CO8)
- Electronic health records (CO7, CO8)
- 1.You are to research, analyze, and write an APA-formatted scholarly paper about the topic that you have selected.
- 2.Write an introduction that defines and describes the topic.Address what purpose the topic serves and how it impacts the delivery of healthcare in general, and nursing care in particular. Keep in mind that APA guidelines state you are not to use the heading of “Introduction,” but you should include it at the beginning of your paper.
- 3.Search for scholarly sources and relevant websites.Include a minimum of three sources. Cite these in the body of the paper and include them in the References list following proper APA formatting.
- 4.Provide two examples of your topic (one example for standardized terminology is NANDA).Describe the main features or aspects of each example with support from your sources.
- 5.Describe an experience where the topic impacted you personally, either when you were receiving health care, or when you were providing nursing care.Relate one positive aspect of this experience. Relate one negative aspect of this experience and how it could have been improved.
- 6.Write a conclusion that summarizes the topic.Predict the future for this topic. Explain how your newfound insight will influence your nursing care.
- 7.Use Microsoft Word to develop your paper.Use APA formatting. Refer to the Publication manual of the APA, 6th edition. Review the various APA documents included in this course and the Chamberlain Care Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) that can help you with your writing. Take advantage of the tutoring service, Smarthinking, which is linked under Student Resources.
- 8.The length of the paper should be 4–5 pages (and no more than 8) in length, excluding the title page and the reference page.
NOTE: Review the section on Academic Honesty found in the Chamberlain Course Policies. All work must be original (in your own words) unless properly cited.?
Devry NR 361 Week 6 Interview with a Nursing Information latest
Interview with a Nursing Information Expert
Your Name: Date:
Your Instructor’s Name:
Directions:After completing your interview, you mustuse this form to submit your assignment to the Dropbox.You may usethe form to capture information as you conduct your interview, or fill it in later. The form is expandable and will enlarge the textbox to accommodate your answers. Do not rely only on this form for everything you must include! Please look in Doc Sharing for specific instructionsin the Guidelines for this assignment.
|Criteria||Fill in the answers in this column.|
|Demographics: Provide initials of the RN, officialjob title of interviewee, and the date the interview was conducted.|
(answer EVERY question in this section)
|1. Describe your career path to your current position. Include information about education and experiences.|
|2. Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force in delivery of nursing care at your facility.|
|3. What safeguards and decision-making support tools are embedded in patient care technologies and information systems that support safe practice at your facility?|
|4. Tell me about patient care technologies that have improved patient care at your facility.|
|5. What groups of healthcare workers rely on you to collect high quality information/data and how is that information utilized?|
(answer only ONE question from the choices below)
|1. Please tell me what challenges you have faced in dealing with other disciplines who may not “understand the needs of nurses/nursing?”|
|2. Please share an example of how garbage in/garbage out (GIGO) impacted a decision related to your information/data collection.|
|3. Please give me an example of how the lack of interprofessional collaboration impacted your role.|
|4. Please describe what a typical day on the job is like for you?|
(Answer all of these. Please do not ask them during the interview.
Instead, reflect and answer them afterwards.)
|1. How will completing this interview impact your practice as a BSN-prepared nurse? Give specific examples.|
|2. Resources (scholarly articles or texts). Indicate twoscholarly resources or texts used prior to the interview to familiarize yourself with the individual’s organization, role, or any of the questions you asked to make you a more knowledgeable interviewer.||Resource #1:|
|Resource # 2:|
Devry NR 361 Full Course Latest