Devry GSCM 540 Course Project Latest
<pclass=”msonormal” style=”box-sizing: border-box; user-select: initial !important;”>Devry GSCM540 Week 7 Course Paper Latest 2016 March
Course Paper> Grading Rubrics
PRODUCT BUYING REPORT
The Course Paper is to enable you to apply the various purchasing elements that you encountered in the course. Recognizing that this is a research project, you are expected to utilize a variety of resources. This is not just limited to your lecture and textbook; you may use your experiences, interview coworkers, and use the DeVry’s online library databases to assemble the information to be contained in this report.
For this assignment, you are to produce a Product Buying Report, which is all the information a buyer needs to intelligently purchase a specific product, component, or commodity (e.g., computer chips, capital equipment, raw materials for reworking). In selecting and presenting the data you will assemble, you should indicate what use a buyer will make of this information. Based on what you determine from your research, you are expected to make a recommendation about whether the chosen product should be acquired and how you would plan to negotiate its purchase.
Clear writing is an important element of good business communications, and you should strive to demonstrate such skills in this paper. Because economy is a hallmark of good business writing, your paper should NOT exceed 12 double-spaced pages (not counting title page, executive summary, and references). You are expected to submit your best work for this assignment, which means knowing and using good grammar and APA style.
Your Product Buying Report must contain the following sections.
- Title Page
- Executive Summary This is a one-page summary of your overall report. Recognizing that many executives will only read this portion of your report, you are expected to summarize the key information, critical data, and your final recommendation.
- Intended Use and Requirements In this section, you are to outline the intended use for the product and the requirements to be met by the item purchased. To do this effectively, you should create a scenario explaining the background of these requirements, as well as all the buying influences that need to be considered. Note that this is an appropriate time to consider make versus buy versus partner factors; however, because this is a buying report, your analysis should support the attractiveness of the buy alternative.
- Available Products In this section, you are to catalog the available products that might meet these requirements and the characteristics of those products. These characteristics, which would include classifications, grades, and properties that distinguish one product from another, need to be defined. From this list of available products, you will select one for detailed investigation.
- Technical Product Data This is where you outline the technical data required to specify and inspect the quality and suitability of the selected product.
- Analysis of the Product’s Sources and Availability This is where you identify the various sources for this product, along with critical information about their abilities to source the product. If how the product is manufactured is an important consideration for your ability to select suppliers and appraise its quality, be sure to quality those requirements.
- Supplier Selection Criteria In this section, you are to discuss the basis by which supplier selection should be determined and why. For instance, is this product best sourced through the competitive bidding process, negotiation, collaboration with a partner, or some other mechanism?
- Pricing Factors Here you are to discuss factors that will affect product pricing, including supply, demand, pricing, and inventory requirements.
- Supplier Relationship Management In this section, you are to discuss how the relationship with the selected supplier should best be managed, including the associated costs and effort necessary to do so.
- Legal and Ethical Considerations Identify legal and/or ethical considerations that are appropriate for this decision. Be sure to discuss the expected contract type and key terms that need to be incorporated into the prospective agreement.
- Recommendation In previous sections, you have identified a prospective supplier and all the relevant operational and cost information necessary to make a decision about the viability of this procurement. In this final section, you are to provide your recommendation on the prospective purchase. Your recommendation needs to follow from the information you have presented above, for example, you should not logically recommend purchasing a product for which you have identified a number of shortcomings. However, it is possible that you may determine that the available product does not appear to be a viable solution for your intended use and requirements. If that is the case, you should recommend against the purchase but suggest alternatives that might be taken in a follow-up analysis.
- References You are to indicate the sources you included as citations in your paper.
The paper is due in Week 7.
|Content deliverable of the 11 sections||160||80||Required questions are answered in an accurate and appropriate manner. Adequate support is given for recommendations.Calculations (where required) are performed correctly.|
|Grammar and spelling||20||10||Paper is well written and reflects graduate school level writing. Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed and spelling is correct. Sentences are written in a complete, concise manner, and sentence transitions maintain the flow of thought throughout the paper.|
|Formatting and APA usage||20||10||Paper includes the report components required for the assignment: title page, executive summary, answers to questions, and references/appendix (where appropriate). The paper does not exceed the maximum length guidelines for the assignment. APA format is followed throughout the paper.|
|Total||200||100||A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
Devry GSCM 540 Course Project Latest