Devry NR 451 Full Course Latest
Devry NR 451 Week 1 Discussion Latest
Week 1: Types of Nursing Models and Frameworks of EBP
5656 unread replies.9292 replies.
What are some of the models and frameworks of EBP currently in use? How does the strength of the evidence determine translation into practice? Why is it important to integrate both evidence-based practice and patient and family preferences? What is the nurse’s responsibility when EBP and patient and family practice do not match?
Devry NR 451 Week 2 Discussion Latest
Week 2: The Clinical Question
8484 unread replies.129129 replies.
Your capstone change project begins this week when you identify a practice issue that you believe needs to change. The practice issue must pertain to a systematic review that you must choose from a List of Approved Systematic Reviews for the capstone project, whose link may be found in the guidelines for the Week 3 Capstone Project: Milestone 1 assignment page.
- Choose a systematic review from the list of approved reviews based on your interests or your practice situation.
- Formulate a significant clinical question related to the topic of the systematic review that will be the basis for your capstone change project.
- Relate how you developed the question.
- Describe the importance of this question to your clinical practice previously, currently, or in the future.
- Describe what a research-practice gap is.
Devry NR 451 Week 3 Discussion Latest
Week 3: Feasibility of Your Design Proposal and Importance of Communication
6464 unread replies.9292 replies.
Now that you have identified your capstone change project, it is time to look at its feasibility.
- What tangible and intangible resources will be needed to implement your project?
- What improved outcomes do you anticipate will occur that could indicate the project produced a successful return on investment (ROI) of these resources?
- How will you communicate your plan for change with key decision makers so that they will support the allocation of the resources you are seeking?
Devry NR 451 Week 4 Discussion Latest
Week 4: Evaluating Quality Patient Outcomes
5353 unread replies.9292 replies.
How can data provide information to evaluate quality patient outcomes? Give an example of data that can reflect poor quality in care.How can quality improvement be a daily task in patient care? Why does continuous quality improvement need to be associated with change?
Devry NR 451 Week 5 Discussion Latest
Week 5: Core Competencies for Nurses
6464 unread replies.9292 replies.Explore the website for the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative athttp://www.qsen.org (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. How can the QSEN competencies for nurses be implemented into your workplace or professional nursing setting? If you are not currently employed as a nurse, consider a previous work setting that would have benefited from implementation of the QSEN competencies.
Devry NR 451 Week 6 Discussion Latest
Week 6: Implementing Change Despite Resistance
3636 unread replies.4040 replies.
Change can be difficult to implement. Now that you are almost finished with your change project, if you were to implement your project in your clinical practice, what type of resistance do you expect from staff? List at least three ways that you can lessen the resistance you may encounter to help ensure the success of your project.
Devry NR 451 Week 7 Discussion Latest
Week 7: Health Federal Bills in Congress
4646 unread replies.8383 replies.
There is much attention on federal health care policy and law. Health Bills: GovTrack.us provides a list of federal bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Choose a health-related federal bill of interest to you. Read through the bill and post a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
- How might this bill impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
- How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
Devry NR 451 Week 8 Discussion Latest
Week 8: Your Future!
7474 unread replies.9999 replies.
Now that you are very close to completing this major accomplishment in your nursing career, what are your plans for your future? Please share your plans to keep up to date in your chosen specialty and nursing in general. What professional and nursing organizations do you plan to actively participate? Have you considered continuing your education to pursue a graduate degree?
Devry NR 451 Week 3 Capstone Project Milestone 1 Practice Issue and Evidence Summary Latest
Capstone Project Milestone 1: Practice Issue and Evidence Summary Guidelines
Clear identification of the practice issue is the first step in evidence-based nursing. Next, the evidence is reviewed to determine the best intervention to change practice outcomes. Completion of the milestone will include identification of the practice issue using the ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation and a review of the evidence that will support an intervention that will change outcomes. The evidence summary will be conducted through the ‘breaking down’ of a systematic review on your topic for your change project.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO4: Develops and outlines a scientific, systematic decision-making process to integrate critical thinking with clinical judgment to assure safe and effective outcomes. (PO4)
CO8: Selects evidence for best practice when planning professional nursing care for individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO8)
Milestone 1 consists of the completion of ONE form with two worksheets called the Practice Issue and Evidence Summary Worksheets. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. Complete both worksheets and submit the form by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3.
Milestone 1 is worth 175 points (75 points for the Practice Issue and 100 points for the Evidence Summary).
Practice Issue Worksheet Directions
A tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed at https://atge.webex.com/atge/ldr.php?RCID=4905b26a67572323c11b839e3251c96a (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Choose the ONE systematic review topic that is of most interest to you, or most relevant to your practice situation, from the List of Approved Systematic Reviews (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Follow the grading criteria below to formulate your practice issue, which must be based on the topic of the systematic review you have selected.
Use the worksheet to document the practice issue presented and approved by your instructor in the Week 2 Discussions.
Your practice issue will be the same for all three Milestone assignments in this course.
Please type your answers directly into the worksheet.
Evidence Summary Worksheet Directions
Develop an evidence summary by following the grading criteria below.
Document this on the evidence summary portion of the worksheet.
You will use this worksheet to incorporate your evidence summary into your Week 4 Milestone 2 assignment.
Please type your answers directly into the worksheet.
Devry NR 451 Week 4 Capstone Project Milestone 2 Design Proposal Latest
Capstone Project Milestone 2: Design for Change Proposal Guidelines
You are to create a Design for Change proposal inclusive of your Practice Issue and Evidence Summary worksheet from your Capstone Project Milestone 1. Your plan is to convince your management team of a nursing problem you have uncovered and you feel is significant enough to change the way something is currently practiced. In the event you are not currently working as a nurse, please use a hypothetical clinical situation you experienced in nursing school, or nursing education issue you identified in your nursing program.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
- CO1: Applies the theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to individuals, families, aggregates, and communities from entry to the healthcare system through long-term planning. (PO1)
- CO2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO2)
Milestone 2 consists of the proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Use the Turnitin Inbox to submit this assignment by the end of Week 4.
Click to view and download the NR451 Milestone 2: Design for Change Proposal Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Milestone 2 is worth 225 points.
A tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed at https://atge.webex.com/atge/ldr.php?RCID=b0c912eaf53b4aabb1347a026466c60e (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Review the feedback you received from your instructor for Milestone 1, and use it to develop this milestone.
Create a proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Open the Milestone 2 Design Proposal Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Use this to write your paper. You will include the information from Milestone 1, your practice issue and evidence summary worksheets, as you compose this proposal. Your plan is to convince your management team of a practice problem you have uncovered that is significant enough to change current practice.
- The format for this proposal will be a paper following the Publication manual of APA 6th edition.
- The paper is to be four- to six-pages excluding the Title page and Reference page.
- As you organize your information and evidence, include the following topics.
- Introduction: Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association(2010, p. 63). Introduce the reader to the plan with evidence-based problem identification and solution.
- Change Model Overview:Overview of the ACE Star model (the model we have been discussing this session); define the scope of the EBP; identify the stakeholders, and determine the responsibility of the team members.
- Evidence:Conduct internal and external searches of evidence; integrate and summarize the evidence summary worksheet from Milestone 1; develop a recommendation for change.
- Translation:develop a hypothetical action plan; include measurable outcomes, reporting to stakeholders; identify next steps and disseminate the findings.
- Conclusion:Provide a clear and concise summary, inclusive of the problem issue, the five points of the ACE Star change model; and ways to maintain the change plan.
- Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. In-text citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means using peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
- Tables and Figures may be added as appropriate to the project. They should be embedded within the body of the paper (see your APA manual for how to format and cite). Creating tables and figures offers visual aids to the reader and enhances understanding of your literature review and design for change.
- Submit your paper by 11:59 p.m. MT by Sunday of the end of Week 4.
Devry NR 451 Week 6 Capstone Project: Milestone 3: Educating Staff Latest
Capstone Project Milestone 3: Educating Staff: Implementing Change Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to create the Educating Staff: Implementing Change Project PowerPoint presentation. Your plan is to educate the staff that will be involved in the pilot program. You will need to educate them on the problem, show the supporting evidence, and how your pilot plan will be implemented.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO2)
CO3: Communicates effectively with patient populations and other healthcare providers in managing the healthcare of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO3)
CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO7)
Milestone 3 consists of the PowerPoint presentation Educating Staff: Implementing Change Project. Submit the PowerPoint file by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT by the end of Week 6.
Milestone 3 is worth 200 points.
A tutorial with tips on completing this assignment may be viewed at https://atge.webex.com/atge/ldr.php?RCID=8912a4b3268463312e115abf9e73efd6 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Create an educational presentation for staff before the launch of your change project. This should inform the staff of the problem, your potential solution, and their role in change project.
The format for this proposal will be a PowerPoint presentation.
Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/training-FX101782702.aspx (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. The Chamberlain Student Success Strategies (SSPRNBSN) offers a module on Computer Literacy that contains a section on PowerPoint. You can access SSPRNBSN from your Canvas course list.
The length of the PowerPoint presentation should be 15-20 slides; excluding the title and reference slides.
Below are the main topics or bullet points for your slides:
Description of the Ace Star change model that you have used for this project.
Scope of the problem—use basic statistics from what you know of the problem in your work area.
Evidence to support your need for change—from your Evidence Summary
Timeline for the plan
The nurse’s role and responsibility in the pilot program
Procedure (what steps are to be taken to complete this change process, from start to finish?)
Forms that will be used (if applicable)
Resources available to the staff—including yourself
Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. Citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means choose peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or later.
Length: The PowerPoint slide show is expected to be between 15-20 slides in length (not including the title slide and reference list slides).
Submission: Submit your by 11:59 p.m. Sunday by the end of Week 6.
Late Submission: See the Policies on late submissions.
Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/training-FX101782702.aspx (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. The Chamberlain Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) offers a module on Computer Literacy that contains a section on PowerPoint. The link to SSP CCSSS may be found under your course list in the student portal.
Best Practices in Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
Use speaker notes (found under the section View and “Notes” in the PowerPoint template you choose. These are for your personal use to use as a reference if you are giving your presentation to an audience and they help faculty identify what you will speak to your audience about.
Review directions thoroughly.
Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
Proofread prior to final submission.
Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
Devry NR 451 Full Course Latest